Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thanks Papa!

Thanks for teaching Liam how to turn a paper towel roll into a horn! It was just too quiet around here without it...



xxx

7 comments:

Kathy said...

OMG that is so funny! Poor Lucy and her sensitive little ears!

nanny said...

Perhaps Liam could go to Austria and call the cattle with his new noisy trumpet. Or South Africa where they blew the blinking vuvuzelas during all the World Cup Football matches last year!
A silly poem here that Chris loved...........
Hi tiddly Iti, eat brown bread
Up jumped a sausage and hit me on the head.
Down came the saveloy and dropped down dead
Hi tiddly Iti eat brown bread!

When we were in the car with Gran and Steph and Chris was four he whacked his gran over the head on the line 'up jumped a sausage' he nearly knocked her out as he used an umbrella. I had to stop the car as I laughed so much. Poor old gran was concussed.xxxxx

Grammy said...

Next time Liam gets out the paper horn you should get your accordian, Lucy. You can manage a little noise with that, can't you? xxxxx

Jeanne said...

I bet Papa is going to be sorry!

Nanny said...

Lovely to see and speak to you all yesterday! I'm going to call Liam the muscles from Brussels and Lucy is now little Miss Neat!She definitely has inherited her mummy's fab organisational skills...Nanny's brain works well and in compartments but my handbags are legendary. Hey I was here in the 60s, a flower child and no worries, be happy....Steph's bags are like mine and I wouldn't dare show you my car. At work I have clear desks and no clutter...

Here is one of Steph's favorite ditties when she was a little girl;

There was a little girl
and she had a little curl
right in the middle of her threehead (steph didn't like number 4)
When she was good, she was very very good
But when she was bad she was horrid.

If anything happened here it was usually Mary the doll to blame. Mary broke a window in Steph's room with a tennis racket and also was a bit kranky one day and threw a bat at our fire and dented it. I just had to have a serious chat with Mary. Sometimes she would eat all the Nutella in the jar. Glad it was Mary and not Steph.xxx

HEDY said...

Poor baby,I agree with Lucy..IT IS TO LOUD! How about some drums Liam..

Nanny said...

Here's yet another poem taught to me by my parents and grandparents...I imagine its classical origins lie in Macbeth but David and I loved it.Everyone born in Oldham,Lancashire is ever so slightly bonkers but in a nice way!!!!
Scabbermatter custard, green snot pie
One dogs whisker,one cats eye
Oh so lovely,oh so thick
Wash it all down with a cup of cold sick...

Just going to light the cauldron for tomorrow's culinary masterpiece. Highly likely it's poached eggs!xxxxx