I was introduced to fusion beads at school and they are now my newest obsession. You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. Well, there are these different shaped trays (squares, circles, hearts, horses, etc.) with little prongs that you place tiny little beads on. Once your tray is full, you put wax paper on top and iron (fuse) the beads together. Beads come in all sorts of colors. I prefer colors from the pink families - naturally.
My first bead project took about a week to complete. It takes a lot of patience and fine motor skills (and good eye sight) to finish a bead project. Fast forward a month and not only do I finish a bead project (right or left-handed) in ohhhh - 10 minutes - I multi-task while I do it. Color and beads, push Miam away and beads, put money in my piggy bank and beads, watch Max & Ruby and beads. I love it. We have so many finished bead projects Mommy's trying to figure out what to do with them all. She even found some under her bed covers the other night - scared her to death - thought they were a bug! I was probably hiding them from Miam.
Anyway, here I am doing a bead project while eating breakfast before school:
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Lucy's Bead Projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's some impressive multitasking Lucy-well done!
Auntie Steph
xx
Great job Lucy. Love all the pretty colors.
Lucy, So artistic.. love what she is doing. Lovely little girl. Great video Nik..
I love listening to Lucy talk!! One suggestion as to what to do with the finished fusion beads (we call them curler beads...don't know why) is to string them up and hang across the window (like sun catchers).
Post a Comment