Using different mediums (purple crayon, orange marker and pink and brown pencils) I color Dora and Boots within the lines. There are many more like this.
My bead projects...
And my writing...
No piece of paper, nor pen is safe in our house.
I'm also at the beginning stage of learning to read (object/sound/letter association). Here, in class, I collect letters I'll be working on ('m', 't', 's', and 'a') and place them on a mat. Then I get little bins with corresponding letters. Each bin contains different toy objects (moose, tent, squirrel, apple, etc.). I then mix all the objects into a basket. I take one object and identify it, sounding out the first letter. For example, 'Moose. Ma, ma, moose.' Then I place the Moose under the letter, "m". When I'm done, I've categorized objects under each beginning letter. Then I put all of my work back into its appropriate places.
Here are some videos of me doing this lesson:
I'm also an exceptional counter - both in English and Spanish.
Here I am doing a lesson where I count out sticks, and place them into a bin with the correct corresponding number. This is very easy for me. Mrs. McDaniel says I'm very good with numbers - especially for my age. By the way, "8" is my favorite number. I don't know why, I just like it. And Mommy says it's been my favorite number since I was a baby -- I used to chew on the number "8" all the time.
I really love learning. I also know lots of other things like, the days of the week, the names of all seven continents (Asia's the largest, Australia's the smallest - which also inhabits marsupials like kangaroos), and that I'll be 4-years-old on July 9th. I LOVE to sing the 'Rainbow' song and I am VERY competitive. I throw the most amazing (and humorous) temper tantrums if I'm feeling moody (which isn't often) And most importantly, I am a very kind and compassionate little girl with the most infectious smile you've ever seen.
So there's a little update on me for now. Gotta jump now. I have a bead project to finish...
5 comments:
My goodness Lucy Goose...Grammy and Papa are gone a couple weeks and look how your art work has improved. WOW! It's beautiful! Very nice cutie pie...
Cute Nik.. videoing in there classroom. Love watching them.Love Lucy haircut.
Miss Lucy! What a smart little girl you are! Just like your mommy was.
Love Aunt Neannie
Lucy you are gorgeous and we are so proud of how well you are doing at school.Aunt Steph was very clever with her fine motor skills and we are looking forward to seeing you in school soon!Your daddy never liked to colour in but was very clever with Lego like Liam and had muscles and always liked to flirt with the pretty girls!Wishing you both lots of love for St Valentine's day and hope your cards arrive soon from England. Hasta la Vistaxxxxx
Wow, wow, wow!What a clever little girl. We are very proud of you.
Love from Auntie Steph and Uncle Philip
xxx
Post a Comment