My [Liam] teacher Mrs. Pandya hosted a "Mother's Morning" in our classroom so we could demonstrate all the new things we're learning.
It was during school hours so I had Mommy's undivided attention because Lucy was in class. I loved it.
When Mommy walked in Mrs. Higuera was finishing up our Spanish lesson and even though I knew she was coming, I had this look of complete elation. I was singing the days of the week in Spanish, and watching Mommy out of the corner of my eye. She was beaming.
It's funny, sometimes she comes in as a reading Mom, and I'm suppose to do my work and pretend she's not there but it's REALLY hard. I bring my work to a table near the room she's in - so I have a perfect view of her - and I just sit there, s-l-o-w-l-y doing my work, looking at her out of the corner of my eye. But every time I look at her, she's looking at me. So I guess we both have a hard time sometimes staying focused on the task at hand. We just have crushes on each other!
Anyway, I really liked having Mommy in class but it was a bit distracting. I was trying really hard to impress her with all the new things I'm learning. But it was difficult to stay focused. Don't forget, all my classmates' mommies were there too so there was a lot of activity and I'm just not used to it.
Like Lucy, I'm also at the beginning stage of learning to read (object/sound/letter association). Here, I am doing a similar lesson. I didn't put any of the objects back in the correct bin, but like I mentioned, it was hard to stay focused. It's still new to me and in a normal setting I get them right. In fact, since this video, Mrs. Pandya has added more objects, so I'm on my way...
I also have a photographic memory and I love playing out stories from books with various action figures. Like tonight, I was re-telling (to myself) the story of Peter Rabbit using my collection of toothbrushes as characters. I didn't have enough toothbrushes so Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail had to be one. Peter and Mr. McGregor got their own brushes. It sounds odd -- but I recall every little detail from stories and Mommy loves to eavesdrop on me.
Like Lucy, I'm also at the beginning stage of learning to read (object/sound/letter association). Here, I am doing a similar lesson. I didn't put any of the objects back in the correct bin, but like I mentioned, it was hard to stay focused. It's still new to me and in a normal setting I get them right. In fact, since this video, Mrs. Pandya has added more objects, so I'm on my way...
Though Lucy and I are the same age, we have different interests and skill sets. Mommy has to remind herself of this all the time.
For example. I'm very physical. Really, I'm freakishly strong.
For example. I'm very physical. Really, I'm freakishly strong.
Beads are to Lucy like Swimming* is to me:
Coloring is to Lucy like Climbing Trees is to me:
Writing is to Lucy like Bike Riding is to me:
Coloring is to Lucy like Climbing Trees is to me:
Writing is to Lucy like Bike Riding is to me:
I also have a photographic memory and I love playing out stories from books with various action figures. Like tonight, I was re-telling (to myself) the story of Peter Rabbit using my collection of toothbrushes as characters. I didn't have enough toothbrushes so Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail had to be one. Peter and Mr. McGregor got their own brushes. It sounds odd -- but I recall every little detail from stories and Mommy loves to eavesdrop on me.I may not be forthcoming (it's hard sometimes with a competitive sister) with all that I know, but I am a very cerebral little boy. I can also build the tallest Lego tower you've ever seen and I love to sing and dance to rock music -- I've got remarkable rhythm. And like Lucy, I too can throw down a good temper tantrum especially when I'm over-tired (which is often because I'm so active). But most importantly, I am a very sensitive and observant little boy with the best laugh you've ever heard.
* The video's cut short because the lifeguard came over to Mommy and asked her to stop recording. Apparently you aren't allowed to record inside the pool area -- Mommy didn't know this. But just know that I did make it back to the side of the pool with my shark (who also plays the 'troll' in my Three Billy Goat Gruff re-enactments).
4 comments:
It's an amazing thing about active little boys. If you aren't looking as closely as Liam's Mom, you might think they aren't keeping up. Hard to keep up when you are bounding so far ahead.
Lucky Liam to have a Mommy who knows how to see and treasure all aspects of this sweet little boy.
Peggy Norman
Liam -you are a star and so like your gorgeous daddy. Your attention to detail is quite amazing and all your English family are so proud of you and your gorgeous sister! I used to call Chris my own cherub and Steph was an angel who looked like a porcelain doll! totally fabulous. We will have to help you with the spellings tho as we in England go about things differently! Bye byexxx
My goodness Liam! What an active, busy little boy you are. I love the dancing. And the laughing and the sweetness> I enjoyed reading what Nanny wrote about your Daddy and how much you are like him.
Love Aunt Neannie
OK, Nik - that joke about the one armed monkey was REALLY funny!
Post a Comment