Back in September (sorry, we've missed an entire month of blogging) Mommy took us to a place called, Yellow River Game Ranch one day after school. It's an enclosed wooded trail with 'social' birds and animals that you can pet and feed along the way. They had such a variety of animals - many of whom looked rescued. http://www.yellowrivergameranch.com/ The weather was perfect and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was fantastic - until we met the chicken-ducks.
Chicken-ducks you ask? Yes, we've never seen anything like them - they had chicken heads on duck bodies and the LOVED corn. Lucy was having a wonderful time feeding them until they became a bit aggressive and surrounded her. One nipped her finger and that was it - she was spooked. It would have been fine but these chicken-ducks followed her everywhere. Mommy ended up having to carry her for a half mile until we got to the pigs.
The next morning at breakfast:
Lucy: "Mommy, I forgive those chicken-ducks."
Mommy: "Well that's kind of you. What made you decide to forgive them?"
Lucy: "They're animals. They didn't know that was my finger. They thought it was corn."
Mommy: "I think you're absolutely right about that."
Lucy: "They were hungry that's all. I don't need to hate them. So I forgive them."
Mommy: "You're a little sweetheart Lucy."
Lucy: *smile*
More pictures from our visit...






Thursday, October 20, 2011
Mommy, I Forgive Those Chicken-Ducks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment