Friday, February 5, 2010

Tutus Are For Girls

Aunt Neannie got a tutu for me several months ago that I have re-discovered and fallen in love with. It doesn't matter what I'm wearing, one thing is for sure: I'm wearing my tutu.


I really like wearing my tutu because it's one thing that Liam and I don't share. "Tutus ah fo guhs. Liam no tutu."
At first he really wanted to wear it, but Mommy explained that only girls wear tutus. She said that if the world were more accepting of boys wearing pink tutus she'd get him one. But boys have to stick with the stero-typical boy-stuff: trains, cars, sports, etc. It's sad really. Girls can pretty much wear anything.
Mommy and Grammy were trying to think of something special that only boys can do and we couldn't think of anything. Then the other day when Mommy was helping Liam go potty it dawned on her. Boys can go pee pee standing up. I tried going pee pee standing up, but I don't think I'll do it again -- too messy.
Anyway, back to my tutu. I wore my tutu day and night, at home and out in public, for 5 days straight. But now that I've started school, and I can't wear it there, I just wear it to go, 'nigh-night'. I just love it to bits. Thanks again Aunt Neannie!!!




9 comments:

Kathy said...

Weellllll....there is one thing that I can think of that Liam might wear that Lucy definitely won't but it's not until he's older and playing contact sports ;)

Jeanne said...

That is so funny. We gotta give credit to Uncle Bob too! He is the one who found it. Lucy looks so pretty in it, and Liam is such a handsome fellow...and when he gets a little older and wants to dance... well can you say Billy Elliott, Ben Verene, John Travolta, etc, etc, etc.
Love Aunt Neannie

Grammy said...

Lucy, you look spectacular and precious in your tutu....Peppy Longstocking comes to mind when I look at your outfits....so lets add creative to your talents. And Liam, Aunt Neenie is right about all the wonderful male dancers you can aspire to....and Nanny's right too about something you'll be able to wear that Lucy Goose can't. hee hee I wonder if there is anything else we have forgotten that you can wear or do that Lucy can't????

The Newmans said...

That is just too cute! I love the picture of her sleeping in it! I love having a girl! It's too much fun!

Anonymous said...

Lucy you look beautiful in your tutu. Miss you all lots.

Love

Auntie Steph
xxx

Anonymous said...

The picture with the Thomas shirt and tutu? Absolutely perfect!!! Super cute pics and story.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Glad you've decided against the tutu Liam! Love grandad

Anonymous said...

Lucy just looks adorable in her tutu - good enough to eat!Missing
you all lots and lotsxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nanny

BJ said...

What can I say...awesome!