Sunday, October 31, 2010

What Happened?

We come up with the funniest things now that we are expressing ourselves with words. For example, the other day Liam was sitting in the living room watching Caillou when all of a sudden he screamed out in pain! Mommy came running in and found a small cut on the corner of his eye.

Mommy: "Liam, what happened?"
Liam: [through his tears of agony] "I really don't feel like talking about it."

Well, that response was not going to sit with Mommy. There were two things on the table that he was sitting next to -- a glass of water and Papa's watch. When asked if he was playing with Papa's watch (reassured that he would NOT get in trouble) he answered, "I really don't feel like talking about it Mama." When asked if he hit himself with the glass of water he quickly replied, "Ya, that's what happened." Hmmmmmm. Doesn't make sense -- his injury couldn't have been caused by the glass of water.

Mommy thinks he was playing with Papa's watch and was afraid he'd get in trouble so when the water scenario was presented he chose it. Mommy can usually count on Lucy as a witness, but she was too engrossed with Caillou. He's sticking to it so I guess we'll never know. But not wanting to 'talk about it' -- that's just not like him -- he's our little chatter box.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I think he was just embarassed, mommy. I think he bumped it on the glass of water but didn't want to talk about it cuz he would have gotten busted for putting his fingers in our visiting guest, Miss Lisa, who's glass of water it was :) Liams heart is to innocent to tell a fib xoxoxoxo