Anyone who knows Mommy knows that she doesn't cook. It's not that she can't - there are just other things she'd rather spend her time doing - especially now that she has us to tend to.
Now our Opa - who recently came out to help Mommy - LOVES to cook as he should because he's REALLY good at it. But he's completely frustrated by the fact that his Taco Bell-loving offspring (Mommy) didn't inherit his epicurean gene.
So what does he do? He stocks our refrigerator and cupboards with enough food to feed a small country in Africa and...buys her a crock pot.
Opa: "You can't feed your children Taco Bell. They need good home cooked meals. And it's easy with a crock pot - I'll show you."
Mommy: "I agree Daddy, but right now Enfamil is their rack of lamb."
Opa: "Now's a good time to get in the habit. It's easy with a crock pot - I'll show you."
Mommy: "But Daddy, right now I get 4 hours** of sleep a night. At the end of the day the last thing I want to do is cook and clean for myself. "
Opa: "That's why you use a crock pot. It's easy - I'll show you."
So Opa set out to demonstrate how easy it was to use a crock pot.
Days 1 through 4 were amazing. Opa made Mommy some of the most delicious meals - and he cleaned up after each one. Mommy agreed that crock pot-cooking was quite easy, but not as turn key as she'd like.
Then something happened. Day 5. Opa put a very well-seasoned chicken in the crock pot that morning but when dinner time rolled around (at 8pm when we're tucked in for the night) Opa pooped out. I guess being around us 24-5 finally caught up with him because on Day 5 Opa declared, "let's just do sandwiches tonight".
Opa meant well which is why Mommy quietly gloated. She's thinking she can get at least a Ten-ner for the crock pot on Ebay...



** Poetic license. It's more like 6 hours now...still, it's interrupted sleep!!!
1 comment:
Don't worry Opa....grammy won't let mommy sell the crockpot. And we know that when we are old enough to eat real food (yum yum)our mommy will be the best cook in the whole world. That's just how our mommy is with everything she does....the best
Post a Comment