Liam is able to unlock doors now and decided to test out his new skill this morning while Mommy took a very quick potty break. When Mommy came out and saw Lucy but no Liam, she figured he was hiding. So she and Lucy went around each room looking for him. It wasn't until she heard the doorbell that it dawned on her that he was OUTSIDE!
Her sweet, little baby boy decided to take his blanket and sit down in the middle of the street*. The man who rang the doorbell was driving the car that almost ran him over. Ya - Mother of the Year right?
All day Mommy has had a sick stomach about the incident and apparently Grandpa has too because today while we were at the pool, he decided to install latches on all the doors. Apparently our Uncle Mike was an escape artist when he was a little boy too.
* The neighbor across the street has a balloon tied to their mailbox and we think Liam was trying to get it. He loves balloons.
6 comments:
WOW! Nikki...I can imagine that your heart skipped a few beats when you saw the man with Liam and realized what he'd done. My stomach did a little flip when I read it! Your little Liam is a determined, independent little man...all traits that will serve him well when he get a LITTLE OLDER!! I still think you're mother of the year...in the GOOD way!
Nikki honey my guess is this won't be the first time Liam gives you a stomach ache. I remember when you were his age and you ran into the street. I ran after you and grabed your arm, you flew up in the air and I swated your behind and yelled "don't you ever do that again" it happened so fast the motion scared you, not the swat. You cried like I beat you. I thought I ruined you for life; at least I thought you would never trust me again. But you did. And I'm really glad. Whew. Kids.Love Aunt Neannie
By the way, I love the way Leon's clothes match the house. Very cool. Do you all dress to match? Love JWLOGB
Oh my goodness...I bet you were so upset! You are still a great mother...we all have those moments, no matter how old or young our kids are. That little man of yours is something else!
Oh Nikki. Reading this gave me a sick feeling. I'm sure you ALL have been freaked out over it. Thank goodness little Liam is okay.
Easily done Nik and just like his daddy who at the age of just 2 decided to take himself out for a ride on his tractor and got himself out of our street so quickly and nearly gave his mummy a heart attack. You are mommy of the year, sometimes you need eyes in the back of your head!
The Blog is great, thank you sooo much.Hugs and cuddles from Nanny to Liam & Lucyxxxxx
Post a Comment